Appointment to conduct feasibility study by Ministry of Science, Technology & Innovation (MOSTI)
Diagnostic Systems (M) Sdn Bhd, Consulting Division was selected to conduct a feasibility study by the Ministry of Science, Technology & Innovation (MOSTI) in April 2012.
The appointment is to provide MOSTI with comprehensive and impartial information to enable MOSTI to determine the feasibility of acquiring a multi-purpose cyclotron facility for research and production use in various scientific, industrial and medical fields.
However time provided for the study was short due to budgetary allocation reasons, which meant that this study had to be completed by December 2012; a time frame of less than 8 months.
Nevertheless, we undertook the Project and assembled a team of highly qualified and experienced project management experts consisting of scientists, engineers, consultants and technicians to work on the various aspects of the study; with each contributing their individual area of expertise to the collective effort, thus producing a report that we felt was comprehensive, detailed, reliable, accurate and very much representing the current state of technology.
Because of time constraint, we have to adopt a multi-tasked study methodology for this study, consisting of, but not limiting to the following modalities:
- Conduct site familiarization visits to similar facilities in the region.
- Interview relevant user groups such as government agencies, scientist, pharmaceutical companies, healthcare institutions and industrial sectors.
- Survey local and international markets to gauge business potential for radioisotopes.
- Contact major cyclotron equipment manufacturers, and other relevant radiation protection and laboratories equipment manufacturers.
- Study and analyse relevant literature pertaining to Cyclotron and radioisotopes technologies.
Our Project Vision
Our vision is to assist MOSTI to acquire the most modern and capable cyclotron research and production facility in the world to satisfy our country’s Economic Transformation Program to boost our global competitiveness and to drive economic growth in the identified key economic areas, such as education & research, health and industrial growth.
The study was completed on time and was delivered to MOSTI at the Final Report Presentation on 13th December 2012 at the Marriott Hotel, Putrajaya.
The photos taken around the event:
Among the participants (from left):
- Dr Mohd Abd Wahab Yusof – Agensi Nuklear Malaysia
- Mr Abd Aziz Ahmad Kalam – Diagnostic Systems (M) Sdn Bhd
- Mr Mohd Sharizal Mohd Yusof – Diagnostic Systems (M) Sdn Bhd
- Mr Mohd Sidek Othman – Agensi Nuklear Malaysia
- Dr Wan Manshol Wan Zin – Agensi Nuklear Malaysia
- Dr Mohd Ashhar Hj Khalid – Agensi Nuklear Malaysia
- Mr Ibrahim Ujang – Agensi Nuklear Malaysia
- Mr Hj Abd Aziz Mhd Ramli – Agensi Nuklear Malaysia
- Dr Muhd Noor Muhd Yunus – Agensi Nuklear Malaysia
- Mr Yahaya Talib – Agensi Nuklear Malaysia
- Dato’ Dr Rehir Dahalan – Agensi Nuklear Malaysia
- Dr Zulkifli Mohamed Hashim – Agensi Nuklear Malaysia
- Mr Hj Taiman Kadni – Agensi Nuklear Malaysia
- Mr Wan Anuar Wan Awang – Agensi Nuklear Malaysia
- Mr Munir Jurish – Diagnostic Systems (M) Sdn Bhd
- Dr Richard Zimmermann – Speaker
- Mr Hasbullah Hashim – Diagnostic Systems (M) Sdn Bhd
- Mr Azizul Mahmud Aladad Khan – Diagnostic Systems (M) Sdn Bhd
- Mr Peter Leitner – Speaker
- Mr YK Hew – Diagnostic Systems (M) Sdn Bhd